Economic stimulus payment not received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economic stimulus payment not received

A client and I miscommunicated on his second stimulus payment, he did not receive it but I filed his return reporting that he had. What is the best to resolve this now? Simply file an amended return or is there any other way?

The irs said they are treating these as arithmetic errors.
    "Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

If you do a search on this website it will show a post directing you to the IRS website addressing this scenario. Just requires a little more effort on your part. Easily found.
      Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

It happened to my client and IRS sent a notice that he will receive additional $600 due to miscalculation on his return. You sure can wait for the notice or search on the IRS website for answers.
        But if he received the $600 in a debit card and it was sent and lost or stolen then he needs to call the 1-800-240-8100 or go to www.eipcard.com as IRS will not auto fix that error.

Comment

my client lives in arizona and is divorced her divorce degree says x can claim son everyother year and that he has 50.50 custody he has never taken the child for more then a weekend
          twice a month and he only pays $200 a month (according to the divorce papers) my client used the boy this year because the husband never followed the 50% rule of keeping the
          son the son lives with her and she pays all expenses ---now the x is going after her for claim the son in 2020 does the divorce degree over trump the irs ruling since the court order
          was dated 4 years ago. or does the x have the right to claim the boy based on the divorce papers

Comment

IRS rules trump divorce decree, always.
            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
            X