Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fee for amending state $10,200 unemployment exemption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anarchrist View Post
    No way I would ever consider charging $30 for an amended return. If the inexperienced and uneducated hacks at HRB & JH are charging $100, I should up my rates.
    Agree, but some may like doing charity work. Also, agree that experience, education, time, license fees, insurance, CE and/or CPE costs/time, office and other expenses add up and are an important part of your Professional business and why fees are higher than other preparers.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post

Agree, but some may like doing charity work. Also, agree that experience, education, time, license fees, insurance, CE and/or CPE costs/time, office and other expenses add up and are an important part of your Professional business and why fees are higher than other preparers.
      All of what you say is correct, but I'll bet some on this board don't even charge a $100 for personal tax returns.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post

All of what you say is correct, but I'll bet some on this board don't even charge a $100 for personal tax returns.
        That is O.K. It is their business and they can charge whatever and/or do it for free. One needs to watch how they run their own business and not someone else’s business (unless they get paid).

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404
          there seems to be a lot of "holier than thou" coming through here.
          Ain't that the truth. How much more holier than thou can one be to say, "No way I would ever consider charging $100 for such. The Blocks and Jackson-Hewitts of the world are welcome to do so. . .but not moi."

"Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post

You’re absolutely correct - I don’t charge $100 for a tax return.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchrist View Post
              Ain't that the truth. How much more holier than thou can one be to say, "No way I would ever consider charging $100 for such. The Blocks and Jackson-Hewitts of the world are welcome to do so. . .but not moi."
              Now that is a good reply. Again, It is your business and one can charge whatever and/or do it for free.

We know some former colleagues that did well in their career and now do charity tax preparation (e.g., VITA, TCE).

Comment

I hope you are all having fun. People that are balking at $100 amended tax returns are probably low fee preparers. It is a shame that only the high fee preparers are responding. But let it be said, "Low fee preparers need to reevaluate their business plan". If you have a broad based tax knowledge you need to step up and acknowledge your worth and get the fees you have worked for so hard and long.

I thought us "old men" were supposed to help the younger "coming ups" develop their practices. I'm sorry that I used a "shock" method.
                Last edited by BOB W; 06-01-2021, 08:25 PM.
                This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I am in the low-rent district of the nation. Not only that, but TN doesn't even have an income tax to amend. I still have a base fee of $75 for an amended return, no matter what, then it goes up from there based on the complexity. If there is only one issue involved the fee normally jumps up to over $100. If the mistake is mine (which might be true in 5% of amended returns), there is no charge to client whatsoever. Many amended returns are the result of unreported income and I normally have little patience for that.

Comment

Working...
                  X