late refunds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late refunds

Getting all sorts of calls about clients not receiving refunds. Some had EIC, some the recovery stimulus, and some not. Is everyone else having issues with late refunds?

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
    Getting all sorts of calls about clients not receiving refunds. Some had EIC, some the recovery stimulus, and some not. Is everyone else having issues with late refunds?
    Lots of late refund, most with Recovery rebate credit (1040 line 30)

Comment

Happening all over. Government cant print money quick enough to keep up !!!

Comment

29 million unprocessed returns waiting for an IRS employee to deal with various credits and new laws before refunds will be issued. Some from 2019.

Comment

Some of the blame for overall delays belongs with taxpayers who chose to paper file income, payroll, and info returns when they could have efiled instead. (Note I am not saying that a specific taxpayer's delay was due to their own choice of filing method, rather that all the taxpayers who paper filed when they didn't have to helped create delays for everyone).
          "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

I have been e-mailing portions of the article from JOA to clients who call me to complain to see if I can expedite their refunds. Just had two of those yesterday and one fellow was complaining about a $30 refund!
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404
              . Even more annoying for the VA folks is Payment #1 goes to a different address/payee from Payments #2 and #3 and #4.
              You can get around this by directing all payments (balance due and estimated payments) to P O Box 1478, Richmond VA 23218-1478. I have done this for 20 years. Mostly because the region I work in has about 15 localities -- all with different local addresses.

Comment

Granted. But my VA client who has to pay estimated taxes prefers to have no dealings with the crooks in Richmond if he can avoid it..
                Funny.... Most of my clients would rather mail to Richmond rather than have people they know apprised of their financial business. I will admit it was just as much for my benefit than theirs, as I provide envelopes for mailing balances due. When I print the VA760-PMT coupon in my software, it has the Richmond address on it. The estimated tax vouchers do not.

Comment

Also interesting. I keep TurboTax around as an oft-used "referee" and it prints the four payment coupons along with the correct payee/address for payment #1 and payments #2+#3+#4. "Richmond" never appears anywhere. OTOH, my pro software always shows. . .Richmond.
                  I assume TT "finds" the right address once the correct VA county/city/whatever code is entered??FE
                  Yes, my software is programmed for the different addresses. It will print the 4 coupons -- with the local addresses on 2 mailing slips separately from the vouchers. .I guess that is so it conforms to VA instructions. I just customize the mailing slip Master Form to show Richmond and print it twice. I don't think I had one person do state estimated taxes this year. Well, I take that back. One client sent in the first quarter as he did not increase his withholding until May 2021.

Comment

Working...
                  X