HELP with Power of Attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP with Power of Attorney

I filed a POA for a client back in January. When i log into TDS and request his transcripts it says "CAF check failed". What is the best phone number to reach someone at the IRS to ask why I don't have access to their records yet? I know they have something in the system because it says "CAF checked passed" for 2020 but when i open it, it is blank with no info. I have tried the tax practitioner hotline and they aren't taking anymore calls today.
    So does anyone have a number that will get me to the right person?

Have you tried the e-file help desk?
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Call PPS at 1-866-860-4259. The line opens at 7:00AM Eastern time.
      Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

yes but they cant handle my issue. I ended up calling the practitioner hotline until they let me sit on hold. I guess you just have to get lucky to even get onto hold. Then another 45 min wait and I finally got someone.

Thank you for help

Comment

You don't have to hold on the line all that long.
          They have an option to save your place on line by pressing 1, then when your turn comes IRS calls your phone number so you don't have to waste all that time.
          Call at 7:00AM Eastern time, you have the shortest wait time.

Comment

Originally posted by ClanceyEA View Post
            I filed a POA for a client back in January. When i log into TDS and request his transcripts it says "CAF check failed". What is the best phone number to reach someone at the IRS to ask why I don't have access to their records yet? I know they have something in the system because it says "CAF checked passed" for 2020 but when i open it, it is blank with no info. I have tried the tax practitioner hotline and they aren't taking anymore calls today.
            So does anyone have a number that will get me to the right person?
            Do you mean the transcript is blank? That is no surprise for 2020 - they won't post that information until this summer. If it was 2019 that was blank then yes there is a problem.

I have not used the call-us-back feature but a colleague has and says it works well.
            "The power to tax, once conceded, has no limits; it continues until it destroys." -Prof. Bernardo de la Paz

Comment

I use the callback feature and it does work. I use it often.

I am from NY area and called around 12:00 noon - was informed by voice mail I would have to wait 15-30 minutes - but wasn't given the option
              to request a callback. I got to speak to someone in 10 minutes. Hard to believe, but it sometimes happens.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I just sit on hold for 45 mins till someone answers. The call back feature never worked for me the few times I tried it but i will try that again in the future. I dont know why but the IRS already the POA in the system but TDS wasnt letting me retrieve them. So they had to send them directly to secure mail box. what a pain

Comment

Working...
                X