Federal extensions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal extensions ?

Just heard from friend CPA that no extension are required. All 1040 filers are getting an automatic extension till 10/15/21. What about balance due and 05/17/21? What about States?
    Last edited by BOB W; 04-12-2021, 01:39 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

suggest you ask your friend CPA for answers to your questions. I only know what the IRS tells us. Maybe he is talking about FBAR?
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

FBAR reports due this Thursday 15 April have an automatic extension to 15 October.

Any cite for what your friend said?

Comment

He did talk about FBAR but said it also referred to 1040.......

Thanks everybody..............
        Last edited by BOB W; 04-12-2021, 03:09 PM.
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

As far as I know 1040 is still 5/17 and FBAR 10/15. This causes confusion and I am warning my clients who file FBAR they need to call be now to meet the 5/17 deadline. I suggest you run a report on your client base and contact them because a failure here could get real ugly. I had issues before with taxpayers who forgot FBAR!
          Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
            Just heard from friend CPA that no extension are required. All 1040 filers are getting an automatic extension till 10/15/21. What about balance due and 05/17/21? What about States?
            Do you think it would be advisable to check out what your friend said before you post it like it's gospel.

About 728,000 people have PTINs and only your CPA buddy knows this on April 12. Wow!!! To repeat Lion "any cite for this?".

Comment

1041 still due April 15th?

Comment

Yes.......

Comment

Working...
                X