Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop Method of Accounting

Hello,
    Does anyone know how to change a taxpayers method of accounting to the crop method? I have looked everywhere and cannot find how to do it. Anyone's help is hugely appreciated.
    Thank You,
    Dave

I don't know, but read the instructions for Form 3115 to see if that's what you need.

Comment

Also see Pub 225, which mentions this. I assume Form 3115 is involved, you are going to have to dig into some of the referenced Rev Procs I think, seems like a pretty specialized method.

"Crop method. If you do not harvest and dispose of your crop in the same tax year that you plant it, you can, with IRS approval, use the crop method of accounting. You cannot use the crop method for any tax return, including your first tax return, unless you receive approval from the IRS. Under this method, you deduct the entire cost of producing the crop, including the expense of seed or young plants, in the year you realize income from the crop."
      "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
      X