Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3erd STIMULUS CHECK

Mrssanny
    My client in 2019 claimed his children without his girlfriend (Mother of his children). In 2020 He lived with the kids and the mom of the kids. He would like to claim Her. But she already received the 3erd stimulus check. Question. If He claim his Girlfriend as dependent She will lose or return the 3erd Stimulus? She is a U.S. citizen, 29-yea-r old , no income and is not disabled. Thank you

I have not hear of any overpayments that had to be returned. Maybe going forward that could be changed.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrssanny View Post
      Mrssanny
      My client in 2019 claimed his children without his girlfriend (Mother of his children). In 2020 He lived with the kids and the mom of the kids. He would like to claim Her. But she already received the 3erd stimulus check. Question. If He claim his Girlfriend as dependent She will lose or return the 3erd Stimulus? She is a U.S. citizen, 29-yea-r old , no income and is not disabled. Thank you
      see info below for the 3rd round if applies to your scenario:

FS-2021-04, March 2021 — The Internal Revenue Service, on behalf of the Treasury Department, worked to quickly begin delivery of the third round of Economic Impact Payments authorized by Congress in the American Rescue Plan Act in March 2021. Here are answers to some common questions about this set of stimulus payments, which differ in some ways from the first two sets of stimulus payments in 2020, referred to as EIP1 and EIP2.
      Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

FAQ FS 2021-04 (see link above) seems to indicate that those persons who did not receive EIP3 for $1,400 will be getting a check this year (as long as they qualify) after they file their 2020 return.

Comment

Working...
        X