592B form? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

592B form? Help!

Hello. I have a client who has 1099G, 1099NEC, SSA1099, all of which I know how to file electronically. She also has a 592B that needs to be filed. Can anyone tell me how I need to file this and what it is?

Originally posted by Taxpert202! View Post
    Hello. I have a client who has 1099G, 1099NEC, SSA1099, all of which I know how to file electronically. She also has a 592B that needs to be filed. Can anyone tell me how I need to file this and what it is?
    I get those once in awhile for my California non-resident clients, usually because they sell property
    in California and the state withhold taxes. my software has an input page for the tax.
    See instruction for 592B https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2019/2019-592-b.pdf

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

Can you tell me what the input page is called in your system? Maybe I can find the one in my system.

Comment

Hello. I have a client who has 1099G, 1099NEC, SSA1099, all of which I know how to file electronically.
          None of those forms are filed electronically by a taxpayer, nor are they attached to a paper filed return. From Pub 17: "Most forms in the 1099 series aren’t filed with your return. [...] Unless instructed to file any of these forms with your return, keep them for your records."

She also has a 592B that needs to be filed. Can anyone tell me how I need to file this and what it is?
          This form, labeled "California Form 592-B Resident and Nonresident Withholding Tax Statement" (it's right at the top of the form, in case you have a hard time finding it), should be entered in a dedicated 592-B Facsimile input screen in your software, try searching for "592-B" (in my software that takes me right to it). For electronic filing, the information in all four parts of the form should be entered, to help ensure CA FTB can match it. It should end up on Line 73, Form 540 which is labeled on the form as "Withholding (Form 592-B and/or 593). See instructions"
          "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
          X