S-corp E-file rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S-corp E-file rejection

Got a rejection for an S-corp saying the EIN is not correct. I checked the EIN from the IRS notice and everything matches perfectly fine. Gives me a number to call, but of course the IRS is closed today.
    He did get a letter 3853C, saying that for 2019 ( he did those taxes elsewhere), they can't find a 2553 on file. Does it have to do with this? I tripled checked the EIN and it's the same as the IRS notice says and also his EIN notice from IRS. Anyone?

Make sure the Name is the same as the IRS original letter.

And review prior tax return.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by mvp2885 View Post
      Got a rejection for an S-corp saying the EIN is not correct. I checked the EIN from the IRS notice and everything matches perfectly fine. Gives me a number to call, but of course the IRS is closed today.
      He did get a letter 3853C, saying that for 2019 ( he did those taxes elsewhere), they can't find a 2553 on file. Does it have to do with this? I tripled checked the EIN and it's the same as the IRS notice says and also his EIN notice from IRS. Anyone?
      Hello everyone. I have a client who I prepared an 1120-S, e-filed it, and it was rejected. The reason for the rejection is as follows "The return type indicated in the return header must match the return type established with the IRS for the EIN." The client then sends me a notice called 3853C saying that they don't have any record that he ever filed a 2553. He did his taxes in 2020 for 2019 return elsewhere, and the copy he provided me stated that the person who prepared his taxes, under the 1120-S he checked the box "is the corporation electing S corporation beginning this tax year" and selected "yes" and attached a 2553 with late filing reason "I was not aware of the election." My dilemma is if they filed electronically, including the 2553 or if it was mailed. I need to ask the client this, but I am not sure if the 2553 can be e-filed with the 1120-S?

Anyways, now this year, he is being rejected, so what options are on the table? The rejection reason gives me a number to call, which seems to be the e-services number for the IRS.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X