IRS Stimulus Payments "GET MY PAYMENT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Stimulus Payments "GET MY PAYMENT"

Did the IRS discontinue the "Get My Payment" on their website to check on your Stimulus payments? Geesh. Need that for clients who said they didn't get their payments when I can give them information from that site while they are sitting at my desk. They tend to forget.
    Jiggers, EA

It was there yesterday. When they first put it up a few weeks ago, it would show dollar amounts too. Now it only says if they received a deposit. What's the point ? I clients do not list it on our intake form, we tell them to call their bank and get the amounts. Pain in the butt.

Comment

Get My Payment is still on the IRS website. You just have to do some digging since they took it off the landing page. Easiest way to get to it is to type in the search box in the upper right hand corner "Get My Payment."

Comment

I heard they changed it to payoff?
        "Dude, you are correct" Rapid Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Turbo Z View Post
          It was there yesterday. When they first put it up a few weeks ago, it would show dollar amounts too. Now it only says if they received a deposit. What's the point ? I clients do not list it on our intake form, we tell them to call their bank and get the amounts. Pain in the butt.
          You have to remember that many are receiving Debit Cards. And some have thrown them away, "we don't need any more credit cards" on one elderly husband of a client. Without looking at it. And she agreed.
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
            Did the IRS discontinue the "Get My Payment" on their website to check on your Stimulus payments? Geesh. Need that for clients who said they didn't get their payments when I can give them information from that site while they are sitting at my desk. They tend to forget.
            As other reply posters stated it is still on the IRS website.

It will show the paid dates of the payments. Client might have to create an “account” to find additional information.

If payments deposited to clients bank account, as you know, client can find amounts. Then again, if clients can never find and/or do not keep their IRS payments, etc., it might be better for them to create an “account”.
            Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post

You have to remember that many are receiving Debit Cards. And some have thrown them away, "we don't need any more credit cards" on one elderly husband of a client. Without looking at it. And she agreed.
              That type of issue if you go to IRS - EIP website, you can find how to report not getting the payment, etc.
              Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
              X