Stimulus payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stimulus payments

I'm sure this subject has been beat into the ground on this board. I apologize for the redundancy.
    My very elderly retired customers (MFJ) had an AGI of $213,958 in 2019 and $156,054 for 2020
    Their average AGI usually runs about $ 225K or so .
    No $2,400 stimulus payment was received by them, but he said they did receive a direct deposit of $ 7 in August.
    None of the subsequent $1,200 was received by them.
    When I go through my software's rebate screen for 2020, it wants to give them a $2,987 credit on their 1040.
    I gather that this is because their 2020 AGI had fallen to be within the credit phase-out limits.
    I guess my comment is addressed more to the fairness of the credit & how it is being applied to our populace.
    But maybe I'm also simply not understanding how this works & somebody out there can straighten me out.
    These good people have a substantial income, and they also have a huge amount of wealth - yet they still appear to
    qualify to get this economic "rescue" payment ? Am I missing something ? Thanks for comments.

Does this help?

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/how_...ate_my_eip.pdf

also

$600 Second Stimulus Check Calculator: How Much Will You Get?

As of Jan. 8, over 100 million second stimulus checks have been sent by direct deposit to Americans—but many continue to wait to receive their cash (especially if they’re getting it as a paper check or debit card). The IRS says that if you checked Get My Payment on or after Jan. 5 and saw that yo

Last edited by TAXNJ; 02-25-2021, 09:03 PM.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

TAXNJ : Thanks for your reply.

Comment

RWG1950 - Like all tax issues don't try to think about fairness or whether it is appropriate for your client to get the RRC. Congress had to find a quick and dirty way of getting cash quickly to the populace. In doing that some people like your client benefit.

Comment

Working...
        X