Form 8879

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 8879

I must be really losing it, I just notice that Form 8879 does not have the year printed in the upper
    right corner, like the previous years.
    Wonder what else I missed, it's getting close to retirement

From the instruction What New

Use this Form 8879 (Rev. January 2021) to authorize e-file, for tax years beginning with 2019.

You have to enter the year on the first line of Part I of the form.

Not sure, but I think this is due to new ability to efile Form 1040-X, where the year could be different from the current tax year processing season. (and also allows the current Form 8879 to be used for prior year efiling of original returns).
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
      You have to enter the year on the first line of Part I of the form.

Not sure, but I think this is due to new ability to efile Form 1040-X, where the year could be different from the current tax year processing season. (and also allows the current Form 8879 to be used for prior year efiling of original returns).
      Thanks Robert,
      I haven't figure out on my software how to print the year--I'll keep looking

Comment

Your software is probably automatically filling in 2020 for the year in Part 1.

In my software I've modified the master form to print 2020 in the upper right hand corner. Ten years from now, I don't want to have ten of these in a client's file w/o the year in the upper corner.
        "Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

My software, Drake, fills in the year.
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
          X