ProSeries- educator deduction not calculating correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProSeries- educator deduction not calculating correctly

Heads up if you have both spouses in education. Pro is only allowing the total of $250 rather than $500 even though both had expenses.

I tested mine and all is OK. Ultra Tax. Be sure to put 250 in for taxpayer and separate for spouse. Not 500 in one.

I know it sounds obvious but it can happen when you know more than the program...Program is KING.
    Last edited by BOB W; 02-16-2021, 09:42 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Seriously Bob? I know how to enter when both are educators.

I was just giving a head's up for others to be aware of the issue.

Comment

No insult intended, and I'm sorry if I offended you. You above all posters would know how to enter data. But, I thought it was a teaching moment for newbies that try to shortcut their software. Again SORRY!
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

No problem. My back is killing me from dealing with ice and snow and I'm quite grumpy today.

Comment

Proseries user here. Its working fine for us ?

Comment

Working...
            X