Cyber Security you Have in Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyber Security you Have in Place

What is the bare minimum of cyber security you need to have to protect yourself and taxpayers information? This is an area of concern to me and I'm taking as much precaution and steps to make sure I'm in compliant but need to make sure that I'm not missing anything. First year on my own and I don't have a lot of clients so cost is a concern but I need the protection. Currently I have the following:

1. Norton virus protection that includes VPN, cloud back up and password manager.
    2. Verifyle for clients to upload their documents and collect signatures
    3. Save the clients files in a folder in OneDrive
    4. Backup in an external hard drive

What other steps do I need to take (if any) to ensure that OneDrive if secured. Anything else I'm missing and should implement?

Thanks!

Comment

Note: your backups are a waste of time if you never test them. You should also have as many backups at different points in time as possible, otherwise corruption can creep into your backups before you discover it.

Get Windows 10 Pro license, so you can use BitLocker drive encryption. Be sure to set up a PIN to unlock the drive(s), don't rely on the default.

I wouldn't trust OneDrive or any free service. Microsoft and Google are not on your side, they can cancel your account at any time for vague reasons (like maybe some comment you make on YouTube that they claim violates their TOS) and you won't be able to get a human to help you.

And of course, never use the same password at different sites.
      Last edited by Rapid Robert; 02-12-2021, 02:52 PM.
      "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Thank you Rapid Robert! IT is such a different language to me and its always helpful to hear what others use and works.

I just checked and I have Windows 10 Home. I'll look into the Pro and Bitlocker.

Comment

Working...
        X