economic impact payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

economic impact payments

This has possibly been addressed somewhere in another post but I'm wondering if there is a way
    a tax preparer can find out (on the IRS website) if the taxpayer(s) had received these payment(s).
    I'm finding a lot of customers are ignoring this section on my questionnaire and can't recall if they did or didn't.
    How are other preparers handling this issue ?
    Thanks for comments.

The client can find out if, when, and last four digits of his bank account on Get My Payment; then have him check his bank statements for those dates. (Spotty info on EIP2, but you know it was no earlier than 29 December, probably around 4 January or by 15 January, with a few arriving in the mail even now.) He can find out amount on Get My Transcript. With a POA, you can pull his transcript on e-Services. Make your client do the research or charge for it.

Comment

When client calls to make appointment is when I talk about needing stimulus payments info, both in April, May or June period and the payment received in January or February. Most are ready when they come in.....
      Last edited by BOB W; 02-11-2021, 12:17 PM.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I haven't had any yet that didn't give me info. If they tell me they "can't recall" then I'll tell them I will complete the form as if they did.

Comment

Working...
        X