So how many are efiling now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how many are efiling now ?

I have a bad feeling about efiling now. So I think we may hold off till 2/14 to send any in. Give the IRS and providers a few days to sort crap out. Just have a feeling those getting stock piled at software providers will have issues the first few days.

I won't e-file until the 13th.

I never like to file early in the year because most software providers are still finding errors in the software. While I do review the tax return fairly closely to ensure it is correct, I just don't trust the software provider to have things sorted out on their end.

And I avoid opening day, just in case the IRS computer has a melt down due to the busy workload.

Comment

No earlier than 16 February, depending on any issues on the 12th and whether they're corrected over that weekend.. The IRS is still programming and our software companies are still programming as items get clarified. I have a partnership update coming from my software company this weekend, and businesses opened for e-filing 8 January.
      Last edited by Lion; 01-29-2021, 07:52 PM.

Comment

E-filing this early has its perils. Drake just informed its users that NY suspended early e-filing due to some programming glitches!
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Good to know about NY. That gives me an answer for my commuters and NY residents. What about NY business entities? I have a NY partnership and a CT S-corporation that also does business in NY that are ready to give me their tax information.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
            Good to know about NY. That gives me an answer for my commuters and NY residents. What about NY business entities? I have a NY partnership and a CT S-corporation that also does business in NY that are ready to give me their tax information.
            NY.Gov website does not have any alerts for business entities. I would check with the software vendor. Perhaps they stockpile and file that later.
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Biz e-filing opened 8 January. But biz returns have some changes, too. I'll double-check with ProSystem fx before I e-file biz. I know they're doing an update overnight tonight that applies to partnership basis. I told my one partnership that already dropped off that I wouldn't work on it until next week, because an update is coming; but this partnership is federal/CT only.

Comment

Working...
              X