Tax accountant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax accountant

Husband & Wife formed Partnership. 1065 No employees. First year profit could reach
    $60,000.00. Can they set up a SEP for each? 50/50 split. If so, can they then set up IRA's? I think
    the SEP would be considered a plan at work and they are still under IRA thresholds?

See TTB 28-3 Pension Plan Characteristics - gives a great comparison (and advantages/disadvantages) of various plans
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant View Post
      Can they set up a SEP for each? 50/50 split. If so, can they then set up IRA's? I think
      the SEP would be considered a plan at work and they are still under IRA thresholds?
      The partnership (not the partners) can set up a SEP-IRA for the partners. Yes, it would appear they would still be able to deduct regular IRA contributions. I suspect however that if the partnership sets up a "solo" 401k plan for the partners, the allowable contribution including elective deferrals could be much higher than with a SEP IRA, if their goal is to contribute as much as possible.

Also, it would be helpful to use a title for your post that actually relates to the content.
      "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
      X