Covid 19 tax office issues??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
    You said they "don't trust" uploads and electronic signing. Yet they their tax return has been uploaded and electronically signed for as many years already as they have been efiling. Is there some reason why they cannot understand this? Why have they been doing something for years that they "don't trust"?
    It is a matter of perception. When I e-file their return they don't see that but when I upload the 8879 to be signed electronically they see it because they have to actively take certain steps to accomplish the task.

Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Will IRS accepts Form 8879 signed via docusign service? I am thinking of providing my clients docusign service for them to sign Form 8879 to speed up the remote processing of the tax returns as we plan on seeing fewer in person clients this year. Has anyone used this service? Are they safe? Is their another company out their that is better than docusign? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by sami View Post
        Will IRS accepts Form 8879 signed via docusign service? I am thinking of providing my clients docusign service for them to sign Form 8879 to speed up the remote processing of the tax returns as we plan on seeing fewer in person clients this year. Has anyone used this service? Are they safe? Is their another company out their that is better than docusign? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
        Yes, belatedly the IRS now accepts electronically signed e-file forms. There is a list on their website of what forms but mostly the 8879 series. They DO NOT accept electronic signatures on Forms 2848 or 8821. I hope they will permanently allow electronic signatures, it worked well this year even if someone wanted a paper copy of their return. I sent the invoice for my fee through Square and the 8879 electronically with very few problems.
        "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by taxmandan View Post
          Yes, belatedly the IRS now accepts electronically signed e-file forms. There is a list on their website of what forms but mostly the 8879 series.
          What do you mean by "belatedly"? The IRS has approved of electronically signed Forms 8879 for many years now. The requirements are given in Pub 1345 (it has little to do with putting an image of a signature on a document).

To sami: Does Docusign advertise that they satisfy normal IRS e-sign requirements? Or are you just looking to use temporary authorization to allow for signature images that are not wet ink?

"You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

CCH's eSign was the first to be allowed by the IRS as compliant for signature verification purposes. (I've used it for three years.) I think it's based on the AssureSign platform, so others might be also. Ask DocuSign if it verifies identities of the signers to the IRS's satisfaction.

Comment

Working...
            X