EA testing and enrollment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA testing and enrollment

Anyone recently taken the tests and submitted an application for EA? I have a friend who is trying to get the EA designation but with the shutdown, etc. I don't have a clue what time frame is for the IRS to process and issue the enrollment. TIA
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

There were some recent extensions due to coronavirus to various time windows related to the SEE, so what someone who "recently" took the tests experienced may be obsolete information. Did you make an effort to find any current info at the IRS web site?
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

See applying for enrollment

https://www.irs.gov/tax-professional...sked-questions

Comment

You do not say when your friend submitted the application.

An excerpt from the above reply poster’s reference: (good luck)

2. How can I check on the status of my Enrolled Agent application? (updated 3/1/17)

Form 23 – Application for Enrollment to Practice Before the IRS - generally takes 60 days for processing (90-120 days for former IRS employees). If you haven't received a response after 60 days, send an email to epp@irs.gov and include your full name and address or call 855-472-5540, Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.
        Last edited by TAXNJ; 09-07-2020, 09:24 AM.
        Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
        X