7004 for 2019 1065 Partnership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7004 for 2019 1065 Partnership

New client has an LLC taxed as partnership. Reached out to me since prior CPA is not returning calls/texts/emails. I have no idea if prior CPA completed extension request by March 15 or not, so my plan was to file one electronically by 07.15.2020. Just tried to do it in Proseries, and it failed review - the program says it can't be filed after March 15, 2020. I can't remember which IRS notice it is (18, 20, 66?) but I am pretty sure all entities got the auto - extension to July 15, and if we can't make that one, we complete the typical form for the entity-type, right?
    So my questions are these?
    1. Can we file a 7004 for a 1065 entity until July 15?
    2. Has anyone else using Proseries had this issue, and, if so, were you able to fix it without spending hours on the phone waiting for a rep? I have already updated the products, and turned my computer on and off to make sure the updates went through.....
    Thanks for any help you can give me!

Only due dates between 1 April and 15 July are postponed to 15 July. Partnerships and S-corporations were due 15 March, so partnership extensions have a 15 March due date too. So,
    1. NO
    2. Probably NO

Comment

Thanks Lion - I found 2020-23, which appears to support my idea that partnerships qualify also, but it was issued after the March 15th deadline ..... I guess the only step to take is to fall on the leniency of the IRS - write the letter about never getting in trouble before..... which I will do!

Comment

2020-23: "...which is due to be performed (originally or pursuant to a valid extension) on or after April 1, 2020, and before July 15, 2020, is affected by the COVID-19 emergency for purposes of the relief described in this section III (Affected Taxpayer)."

Comment

Working...
        X