No announcement yet.

Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's nice to know that you comment on a prior post of mine that didn't involve you.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

"All ATSMAN said was it was an observation - there was no comment made as to applicability or advice to others."

But this is a tax advice and Q&A forum. Posting something about what the IRS does or doesn't do and then disowning the post seems contrary to the purpose of the forum. After all, we are all publicly anonymous here, so why not stand behind what you post?

ATSMAN says, "on 2 separate situations I asked the Personal Rep to mail copies of the Family/Probate Court order appointing them as the personal rep with their tax return and in both cases they did NOT do that"

"You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
        "All ATSMAN said was it was an observation - there was no comment made as to applicability or advice to others."

But this is a tax advice and Q&A forum. Posting something about what the IRS does or doesn't do and then disowning the post seems contrary to the purpose of the forum. After all, we are all publicly anonymous here, so why not stand behind what you post?

ATSMAN says, "on 2 separate situations I asked the Personal Rep to mail copies of the Family/Probate Court order appointing them as the personal rep with their tax return and in both cases they did NOT do that"
        What made you think I disowned my original post? I still stand by what I said!
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
          What made you think I disowned my original post? I still stand by what I said!
          Okay.

"I don't think IRS even looks at the attachments we send with form 1310."

"Is [ATSMAN's] point it is ok to follow sending an incomplete submission as [ATSMAN] state[s] that [his] clients did?"

Yes.
          Last edited by Rapid Robert; 07-18-2020, 03:38 PM.
          "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
            Okay.

"Is [ATSMAN's] point it is ok to follow sending an incomplete submission as [ATSMAN] state[s] that [his] clients did?"

Yes.

That was my observation NOT advice.

"Is [ATSMAN's] point it is ok to follow sending an incomplete submission as [ATSMAN] state[s] that [his] clients did?[/I]"

Show me where I said it was OK to send incomplete submission. That may have been your interpretation to my observation BUT I NEVER told any of my clients to send incomplete documentation.

Based on a comment from another poster I am of the opinion that Rapid Robert likes to parse words just to pick a senseless fight. Well I am not playing that game!

Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
            X