Is 1041 available on TDS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 1041 available on TDS?

Went on TDS yesterday hoping to get a copy of 2018 1041 for a trust client but 1041 isn't a choice. Tried business and individual - no luck. I'm surprised the 1041 is not available. Anyone clarify this for me? Thanks

According to IRM 3.42.8.9, "Return Transcripts are available for the current year and returns processed during the prior three processing years. BMF forms are available for Forms 1065, 1120, 1120-H, 1120-L and 1120-S."

So no, it appears 1041 transcripts via TDS are not available, in fact it appears that Form 1041 transcripts have never been available in any fashion. Maybe try Form 4506 to request an actual copy? I am not surprised they are not available, given how relatively few are filed, or audited.

If the trustee does not have and cannot obtain from the preparer a copy of the immediately preceding tax year return, I wonder what other duties they are not performing well. Maybe not a good client?
    Last edited by Rapid Robert; 07-06-2020, 09:04 PM.
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Thanks, Rapid Robert, for the info. I'll check my settings to make sure replies are emailed to me. Darndest thing, I call the IRS hotline and fax the 2848 to him to get copies of income 1099's,e.g. int/div, etc. As I alway put on the 2848, I simply asked for income and form 1041. The agent puts me on hold and then tells me my 2848 is invalid the because lengthy title of the trust on their records doesn't exactly match what I entered on the 2848 and the word income wasn't valid - it was supposed to say 1099. That sounded strange to me. Now I have to get a new 2848 from the trustee who is in the military and not always available. I should probably just call again and try a different agent

Comment

Working...
      X