Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another round of Stimulus? Now I know why I am getting more calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another round of Stimulus? Now I know why I am getting more calls?

President Trump supports another round of economic impact payments to individuals, he told FOX Business on Wednesday.

Trump told FOX Business’ Blake Burman that he supported the measure as part of another stimulus package, so long as it “done properly.”

“I support actually larger numbers than the Democrats, but it’s got to be done properly,” Trump said. “I want the money getting to people to be larger so they can spend it. I want the money to get there quickly and in a noncomplicated fashion.”

The Democrats have advocated for another round of $1,200 payments, indicating Trump would like to see checks in excess of that amount.

The president also mentioned he wants the next round of stimulus to create a “great incentive to work,” referring to the $600 bump in unemployment benefits implemented as part of the CARES Act. Republicans have since criticized the measure as a deterrent for unemployed individuals to seek out new employment.

Some Democrats are looking to extend the measure beyond its scheduled expiration in July.

The administration has backed what it calls a “back-to-work bonus” as an alternative, which would provide an incentive for individuals to reenter the marketplace.

Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
    Trump told FOX Business’ Blake Burman
    Now that is stimulating! At least it's a step along the way to something like universal basic income. Of course, you can't always believe what you hear on mainstream media like Fox. (*)

"Now I know why I am getting more calls?"

Why would someone call you about something they heard Trump say to Fox News? Didn't they understand it?

(*) "Fox News Channel finished the quarter with its largest audience in network history among both total day and primetime viewers. FNC was the most-watched network among all of basic cable for the 15th straight quarter, averaging 1.9 million total day viewers."
    The first quarter of 2020 was jam-packed with news, from the impeachment trial of President Trump to the growing coronavirus pandemic, and Americans relied on Fox News for the latest news and information. 
    Last edited by Rapid Robert; 07-01-2020, 07:58 PM.
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Why would someone call you about something they heard Trump say to Fox News? Didn't they understand it?
      My clients and sometimes their family members (not my client yet) call me on any "issue" directly or indirectly connected with taxes. I guess I am their favorite taxman in town!
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
      X