RV's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV's

Client bought an RV to be considered as his second home. He uses it almost every weekend with his family and overnighting at parks throughout the State
    The sales tax is included as an itemized deduction.
    Can the interest be included on the Schedule A.?
    Thanks
    Brian
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

A home includes a house, condominium, cooperative, mobile home, house trailer, boat, or similar property that has sleeping, cooking, and toilet facilities.

Does this RV meet this requirement to be considered a second home? If yes then yes.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Yes it does.
      Thank you Sir
      Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
        Does this RV meet this requirement to be considered a second home? If yes then yes.[/B]
        There is a lot more to it than simply whether or not the RV qualifies as a second home. See Pub 936.

Will the lender be issuing a Form 1098?

"You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

The lender issued an installment loan statement showing the amount of interest paid. It is not a 1098.

Comment

In that case, don't forget to report it separately from 1098 amounts on Schedule A (different line).
            "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
            X