Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck will they come up with next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
    ......It is easier to get to "the bottom line" when we don't have people posting false information in a misguided (at best) attempt at whataboutism.... ".
    Are you talking about your own posts or others?

Are you saying only your posts are correct and no one should disagree?

Do you want to take away other individuals’ right to post (express their opinion like you often do) ?

In a democracy, it is up to the reader to make their own decision whether to agree or not agree.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
      Are you talking about your own posts or others?
      I'm talking about Atsman's false statements about Cash for Clunkers program being an income tax credit. Not just once, but twice.
      "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

I'm talking about Atsman's false statements about Cash for Clunkers program being an income tax credit. Not just once, but twice.
        Rapid Roberts you missed the point of the discussion instead you started looking in the weeds! I clarified I was talking about stimulating the economy and not particularly giving a precise example of a tax credit!
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
          Rapid Roberts you missed the point of the discussion instead you started looking in the weeds! I clarified I was talking about stimulating the economy and not particularly giving a precise example of a tax credit!
          Now I see that you are referring to false information as "the weeds". "Not particularly giving a precise example of a tax credit" - that is EXACTLY the false information you gave.

No, I did not miss the point of the discussion. The OP made it clear that a vacation tax credit was not a very smart idea.

Here is the point you are missing: if the government has already pumped close to $3 trillion into the economy and still more people are jobless than ever before, where is all the "stimulus" going to come from? Any reasonable search will show that much of that money in the hands of consumers has actually just been put into savings, or for lower income people, paying bills through mid-July. A month from now, the you know what will hit the fan. How can one stimulate the economy with more money if there is nowhere to spend it?

Meanwhile, wearing a mask in crowded public spaces or indoor businesses (those that are actually open) doesn't really cost another few trillion, does it? But it might allow business to open sooner. Sad!

"You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Now I see that you are referring to false information as "the weeds". "Not particularly giving a precise example of a tax credit" - that is EXACTLY the false information you gave.

No, I did not miss the point of the discussion. The OP made it clear that a vacation tax credit was not a very smart idea.

Here is the point you are missing: if the government has already pumped close to $3 trillion into the economy and still more people are jobless than ever before, where is all the "stimulus" going to come from? Any reasonable search will show that much of that money in the hands of consumers has actually just been put into savings, or for lower income people, paying bills through mid-July. A month from now, the you know what will hit the fan. How can one stimulate the economy with more money if there is nowhere to spend it?

Meanwhile, wearing a mask in crowded public spaces or indoor businesses (those that are actually open) doesn't really cost another few trillion, does it? But it might allow business to open sooner. Sad!
            Whatever makes you happy, so be it. I gave my explanation. I am not commenting to your response and waste my time anymore!
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
            X