Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloomberg Superforms - auto renewal - how many others???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloomberg Superforms - auto renewal - how many others???

Is there anyone else in a similar situation with this company? Purchased Bloomberg Superforms for the 2018 tax season as a supplement to Drake and it was ok, Decided to go with CFS Fill N Print for 2019 season (same software but at a better price) now Bloomberg is saying I didn't cancel what they call an ongoing auto renewal subscription 60 days prior to the tax season and I owe them $500 for software I never used. I have called initially when I received the first bill and every time I received another invoice and all they do is send emails saying I didn't cancel prior to tax season so I'm on the hook. On principle they will not receive anything from me, wondering how many others this company is doing this to.

I have not used this product but my guess is you are pretty safe with not paying this bill, I would do the same as you. Their position seems patently absurd, if your login was deactivated upon non-renewal. (I am assuming this is an online product, not a downloadable desktop product). If on the other hand you have had access all this time but simply didn't use it, that might a little trickier, IANAL. But I would think, legally, their only recourse upon non-payment would be to cancel your service.

Auto-renewal is a blight on e-commerce when it is the default, you should always have to opt-in. (Amazon is particularly evil about this). This is a good reason to use a credit card that allows for "virtual" card numbers to be generated, so you can control the dollar spending limit and expiration date of each unique card number provided to each vendor you deal with.

If they waste their time trying to report this on your credit history, you may have to dispute it.

As a side comment, I wonder how useful this product would really be? I mean, you can't efile any of the forms, right? I use a higher-end tax product than Drake and can't recall that I've ever needed to file a tax return form that wasn't already included with my product, even ones that can only be paper filed (such as change of address, etc).
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
    X