Stimulas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stimulas

client has a social security number but wife has a itin# can he get the 1,200 he works for the fed government in germany and if he applies for a social security # for his wife can he get the stimulas check when
    she gets her #

ITIN's don't qualify for the stimulus. The question is can you get a valid SS# based on the immigration status of the wife?

On one of the discussion boards there was some information regarding this very issue. I just don't remember which board.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Q14. I filed a joint return with my spouse. Will we receive a Payment if I have a valid SSN and my spouse has an IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)?

A14. No, when spouses file jointly, both spouses must have valid SSNs to receive a Payment with one exception. If either spouse is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces at any time during the taxable year, only one spouse needs to have a valid SSN.

If spouses file separately, the spouse who has an SSN may qualify for a Payment; the other spouse without a valid SSN will not qualify.

Comment

Working...
      X