Stimulus check received for 2019 returns filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stimulus check received for 2019 returns filed

As of today, our clients who filed their 2019 federal return have received their stimulus check vs. those who have not filed 2019 yet but did file 2018 with bank account information have not received their stimulus check.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

I have not heard from any 2019 clients but three 2018 direct deposit clients have told me that they have their stimulus payments.
    Doug

Comment

A lot of my clients received DD of the Stimulus payment today and right now the Get your payments website has crashed because of the overload. My phone has been ringing since morning from clients wanting to know how much and when they will get their payments.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
        A lot of my clients received DD of the Stimulus payment today and right now the Get your payments website has crashed because of the overload. My phone has been ringing since morning from clients wanting to know how much and when they will get their payments.
        That’s good. Are they clients who filed their 2019 federal return have received their stimulus check vs. those who have not filed 2019 yet but did file 2018?
        Last edited by TAXNJ; 04-15-2020, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Why are people who died in 2019 getting stimulus payments? No surviving spouse.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post

That’s good. Are they clients who filed their 2019 federal return have received their stimulus check vs. those who have not filed 2019 yet but did file 2018?
            Yes all of them filed their 2019 tax returns with DD in March
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleO View Post
              Why are people who died in 2019 getting stimulus payments? No surviving spouse.
              Why would someone who died in 2019 with no spouse still have a bank account in their name and SSN?
              Last edited by Rapid Robert; 04-15-2020, 08:33 PM.
              "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Because the dumb administrators/executors/children never close the thing and keep using it to pay expenses when they have signature authority. Happens all the time. Especially with elderly.

Comment

I filed 2018, but not 2019 and I received my stimulus payment Dir Dep on 4/15/2020.

Comment

I have client who filed 2018 with no direct deposit info (refund applied to 2019) but has not yet filed 2019. Also receives Social Security. No refund yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
                      Payment Status Not Available

Why am I getting "Payment Status Not Available"? (updated April 17, 2020)

The Get My Payment application will return "Payment Status Not Available" for several reasons, including:
                      • You are required to file a tax return, but:
                        • We haven't finished processing your 2019 return
                        • The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.
                      • You don't usually file a return, and:
                        • You used Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here but we haven’t processed your entry yet
                        • You receive an SSA or RRB Form 1099 or SSI or VA benefits; information has not been loaded onto our systems yet for people who don’t normally file a tax return.
                      • You’re not eligible for a payment (see Eligibility).
                      We update Get My Payment data once per day, overnight so there is no need to check more often. If you are eligible for a payment and have provided your information either through a recent tax return or the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here application, please check back for updates.

Last edited by Burke; 04-20-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Our Federal Government spends $88 billion A YEAR on information technology, are worse and notorious for ancient systems. . . See WSJ article Upgrade Our 8-Track Government squandered funds lead to ancient software. That gives us crashes and delayed checks. We will be getting calls about those **** checks all summer long.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
                          I have client who filed 2018 with no direct deposit info (refund applied to 2019) but has not yet filed 2019. Also receives Social Security. No refund yet.
                          Client today with similar situation but filed 2019 (and did not need to file but did early February) - website said they will be getting a "check" mailed to their address this Friday.

Comment

I have a client that called asking about his FREE money and I told him he is not getting any because his joint income with wife is over $200,000. (He has 4 kids under 17 year old). So he checks the government web site and finds that he is getting $2,000. He calls tells me about it AND I'm floored...…….. ??????
                            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Each qualifying child expands the upper end of the phase-out zone. I don't know the formula off the top of my head. But, maybe it's enough for him to get $500 for each of his 4 kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X