Stimulus check if no account number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stimulus check if no account number

If someone had to pay in 2018 and 2019 and they elected to pay by check, how would they receive a check? I know those who receive social security are ok and those that didn't have to file have a place to enter the bank info on the IRS website. But I haven't seen anywhere where those who paid by check have anywhere to submit their bank info. I assume they would get a check eventually (months?), but there must be a place to enter info. Thanking in advance......
    Last edited by ruthc; 04-14-2020, 07:57 AM.

Originally posted by ruthc View Post
    If someone had to pay in 2018 and 2019 and they elected to pay by check, how would they receive a check? I know those who have a SSN are ok and those that didn't have to file have a place to enter the bank info on the IRS website. But I haven't seen anywhere where those who paid by check have anywhere to submit their bank info. I assume they would get a check eventually (months?), but there must be a place to enter info. Thanking in advance......
    Without taking some other action, those who paid by check, will receive a check. It is likely (though unclear) that those who paid by direct debit may also receive a check.

Someday (possibly tomorrow), the IRS will have a Get My Payment site available. This site will provide the following:
    Use the "Get My Payment" application (coming mid-April) to:
    • Check your payment status
    • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
    • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don't have your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment yet
    Source:
    We’re committed to helping you get your economic impact, or stimulus, payment as soon as possible. See if you are eligible for an Economic Impact Payment.
    Doug

Comment

Thanks for that info!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404
        You've raised a good point!
        Consider a person who efiled, owed money to the IRS, and authorized a direct debit of a Form 1040 balance due at the time of efiling.
        The IRS obviously has/had their "bank account information," so will they receive a direct deposit of the stimulus payment or have to wait for a check?
        (For now, I am not including the option of NOW sending your bank account information to the IRS.)
        I read (if I can find it again I will post it) that because payments that included the bank info is handled completely different, it will not be considered for the automatic refund like a like the refunds are. That is crazy!!!

Comment

You never know, the IRS says one thing, then something different, or they don't say anything at all. Like when they said on March 27th that they would continue the mission critical function of processing tax returns, but then two weeks later said, well, no, not all returns (e.g. paper filed).
          "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404
            Consider a person who efiled, owed money to the IRS, and authorized a direct debit of a Form 1040 balance due at the time of efiling.
            The IRS obviously has/had their "bank account information," so will they receive a direct deposit of the stimulus payment or have to wait for a check?

The law itself authorizes the Stimulus payment to go into accounts that the IRS has made REFUNDS or other Federal PAYMENTS.

The law doesn't state anything about what if the IRS has bank information for other purposes (such as withdrawals) and I haven't seen the IRS address that question. Based on that uncertainty, I think it is logical to submit the bank information whenever the IRS portal opens up.

Comment

WHAT ABOUT THOSE TAXPAYERS USING ONE OF THOSE REFUND 'ADVANCE' OR SIMILAR PRODUCTS?

My apologies for bringing this up if there is an answer elsewhere on this list OR elsewhere on the forum.

What about taxpayers who filed federal taxes with a refund (or had a state refund) and had a third -party bank (like EPS/Meta Bank for example) receive their refund via direct deposit to that bank, with the bank paying taxpayer by separate direct deposit : will IRS issue stimulus payments to that bank? If so, will that bank then send the 'check' amount to the taxpayer? Or will the third party bank distribute the stimulus
              Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

Clients can go to IRS link below and enter their banking information. This link will be operational sometime this week. Filers: Get Your Payment

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/econ...mpact-payments

Comment

At least one of the RAC banks (maybe Santa Barbara) announced that if it did receive payments, it would promptly distribute them withOUT fees. But, tell your clients to use the new portal Sami cited as soon as it opens. And, if YOU are the one using a refund advance bank in your practice, then do contact your bank to know how they will treat your common clients.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
                    At least one of the RAC banks (maybe Santa Barbara) announced that if it did receive payments, it would promptly distribute them withOUT fees. But, tell your clients to use the new portal Sami cited as soon as it opens. And, if YOU are the one using a refund advance bank in your practice, then do contact your bank to know how they will treat your common clients.
                    Republic Bank has said the same thing.

Comment

The "Get My Payment" application is up and running here:

The Get My Payment application is no longer available. You can still claim a missing payment and view your payment history.
                      Doug

Comment

I just tried to use the link that Doug posted, but it must be overloaded with millions of people trying to use it because it's not working. I expected that to happen!

Comment

Yeah...it is overwhelmed now....says "Please Wait"
                          Please Wait

Due to high demand, you may have to wait longer than usual to access this site. We appreciate your patience.

What to expect: Please wait here. This page will refresh automatically to let you in.

If you'd like to try again later, you may exit or read our Frequently Asked Questions.
                          It told me that I would have a deposit today, but I could not get to my bank....they are likely also overwhelmed.
                          Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dtlee View Post
                            I could not get to my bank....they are likely also overwhelmed.
                            A local bank employee here posted on Facebook that the ATM was out of money at 9:00AM.

Comment

I have heard that also. Bank link said due to over hits service will be either slow or not at all for a while. How long is awhile.

Comment

Working...
                              X