Printing a Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing a Thread

I used to be able to print a thread on this board. But I cannot find out how to do this now. Can anyone help?

Originally posted by Burke View Post
    I used to be able to print a thread on this board. But I cannot find out how to do this now. Can anyone help?
    I hold my mouse over the top tread and right click, a menu comes up with print or print preview, I

usually do the print preview to see how many pages will come up- then they will all print if I want.

Comment

There used to be a better way to print a thread (especially one spanning multiple pages). Not only did it include all pages, but the format included more information per page since it was formatted better for printing. I believe that was removed when the forum was upgraded to the latest version.
      Doug

Comment

That is the one I remember. I haven't tried this in a long time. And, it was DEFINITELY better. Plus there was a box at the top of the thread page, and all you had to do was click on it.
        Last edited by Burke; 04-02-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

That is the one I remember. I haven't tried this in a long time. And, it was DEFINITELY better. Plus there was a box at the top of the thread page, and all you had to do was click on it.
          Good point. Make a suggestion to the The Tax Book to bring the former option back.
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

I use Ctl p and print what I want. It sometimes makes very small. I liked the old way better.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
              Good point. Make a suggestion to the The Tax Book to bring the former option back.
              What is the best way to do that?

Comment

What is the best way to do that?
                Select the “CONTACT US” on the bottom of this website page and select either: Email or contact Customer Service (Telephone)
                Last edited by TAXNJ; 04-03-2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

DONE! (Maybe we need a petition.) Will advise of any response.

Comment

DONE! (Maybe we need a petition.) Will advise of any response.
                    As you know, the owners are very responsive and your suggestion is a good one.

Comment

Under "User Settings", you can set "posts per page" to 40, which takes care of most multi-page threads (when you are logged in). Then, using a good browser like Firefox, you can do "Print Preview -> Simplify Page" to get a clean, easy to read listing in a single document.
                      "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

A simple way to print. When using your computer and open the post you want, do a "RIGHT" click and select PRINT - it should print the post pages. Let us know if that works for you.
                        Last edited by TAXNJ; 04-06-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
                          A simple way to print. When using your computer and open the post you want, do a "RIGHT" click and select PRINT - it should print the post pages. Let us know if that works for you.
                          Yes, that works (see Gene V's post above). The problem is its format. Note that if you print this thread, it takes 4 pages. The old printer-friendly text version takes much less space and discards all the logo's, headers, etc. PS: I got a response from TB. They are looking at it. A little difficult right now due to working from home without all the access to printers, etc. But they are referring it to IT.
                          Last edited by Burke; 04-06-2020, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Have the administrators come up with anything new on this?

Comment

Hello Burke thank you for keeping on us about this request. Probably not the exact answer you were looking for: printing a thread from our message board is not a feature currently active but the request has been forwarded onto our tech team for more research to see if this can be an option in the future.

In the meantime, similar to the suggestions already posted, you could do a screen grab or print screen of the thread, or simply file->print or most web browsers also have a right click->print option too - again this may not be the most user friendly and appealing look but they are options.

Keep the suggestions coming. Customer feedback really helps us know what's working and areas we can improve. We greatly appreciate everyone's continued business and usage of our message board and will continue to try our best by improving our offerings.

Comment

Working...
                              X