Soc. Sec. Recipients - No Tax Return Needed For $ 1,200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soc. Sec. Recipients - No Tax Return Needed For $ 1,200

Today's Washington Post reports that the Treasury Dept. had announced late Wednesday a reversal of an earlier pronouncement that everyone
    would have to file at least some sort of return to get their $ 1,200 stimulus payment, so people living on Social Security only, and not filing tax returns
    will apparently not have to file any type of return to get this payment.

Originally posted by FEDUKE404
    Now I'm worried if our information source is the WaPo. . .
    Here are two additional:
    https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967
    The IRS will use the information on the Form SSA-1099 and Form RRB-1099 to generate $1,200 Economic Impact Payments to Social Security recipients who did not file tax returns in 2018 or 2019. Recipients will receive these payments as a direct deposit or by paper check, just as they would normally receive their benefits.
    and:
    https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economi...u-need-to-know
    I am not typically required to file a tax return. Can I still receive my payment?

Yes. The IRS will use the information on the Form SSA-1099 or Form RRB-1099 to generate Economic Impact Payments to recipients of benefits reflected in the Form SSA-1099 or Form RRB-1099 who are not required to file a tax return and did not file a return for 2018 or 2019. This includes senior citizens, Social Security recipients and railroad retirees who are not otherwise required to file a tax return.

Since the IRS would not have information regarding any dependents for these people, each person would receive $1,200 per person, without the additional amount for any dependents at this time.
    Please note that the latter one was was changed on April Fool's day.
    Doug

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404
      Now I'm worried if our information source is the WaPo. . .
      Try this news source instead. Two weeks ago (March 19) Mnuchin said checks would be coming in 3 weeks, so I am already adjusting my spending in anticipation of my check coming in one more week.
      Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told FOX Business' Maria Bartiromo the White House is working on sending $1,000 checks to most adults and $500 checks to children.

"You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
      X