M&IE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M&IE

I hope someone can tell me if I am correct or incorrect. Truck drivers can still deduct 80% of meals. My problem is trying to figure out where to deduct said expenses. Not form 2106, not SchA only place I find that may be correct is other adjustments. Please help. Frazzled

Originally posted by FRAZZLED View Post
    I hope someone can tell me if I am correct or incorrect. Truck drivers can still deduct 80% of meals. My problem is trying to figure out where to deduct said expenses. Not form 2106, not SchA only place I find that may be correct is other adjustments. Please help. Frazzled
    Self Employed only.

Seem you are talking about an employee (W2). That deduction is gone since 2017, that is why you cannot find it.

Chris

Comment

If your client is a W2 driver then he can not claim any meals deduction as explained above. You can take this opportunity to explain what an accountable expense plan is and hopefully you get an audience with the Trucking company owner. After TCJA I have successfully used that line to get 3 Trucking companies as my client.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I agree with Spanel that employees (W-2) no longer get that deduction on the FEDERAL return. But some States may still allow it.

Comment

Thank you. That was what I thought originally. But the more I read the more confused I got.

Comment

Working...
          X