Have you noticed slow internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you noticed slow internet?

In the past week I have noticed a much slower internet. I have Comcast and I run the speed check app and it proves what I am experiencing. I suppose this is due to all the people stuck at home and online all the time. Fortunately I am able to download my e-mails and acks. In a reasonable period at least for now. My fear is that it may get worse.

What has been your experience?
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

I have noticed a slowness occasionally in the internet. I attribute this to the large number of individuals using home internet to "work from home" during the week. In addition, I have noticed a large number of dropped calls as I drive from client to client (I make most of my calls between clients). I think the cellular and internet service providers are somewhat overwhelmed with usage. I suspect it is localized and varies from area to area as individuals are told to "stay home" by their respective governments. It probably peaks when they first start working from home as they need setup advice/support and need to set up contacts and install software.
    Doug

Comment

Think it depends on the type of internet service you have, e.g., speed (download/upload), etc. If too slow you might consider upgrading.

As long as our medical professionals and first responders have top priority and continued service compared to others is more important.
      Last edited by TAXNJ; 03-23-2020, 09:43 AM.
      Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
        Think it depends on the type of internet service you have, e.g., speed (download/upload), etc. If too slow you might consider upgrading.

As long as our medical professionals and first responders have top priority and continued service compared to others is more important.
        Agreed. It is the download speed that has slowed down considerably. I hardly upload any large files all at the same time.
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I was having trouble for the last 2 months after I put Windows 10 in use. I thought it was my computer. Finally called Spectrum and they looked at the box that I have my computer attached to with the wire going to their connection in the wall. The Spectrum box was about 12 years old. The service man replaced it and my computer is running super speed. So much so, I may get a speeding ticket as it is very fast!
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

I got a new computer at the beginning of the year and hired an IT guy to set it up and for continuing support (long story about last techie) and we replaced our modem and router late last year when upgrading our network. Although, I'm not on wifi, am hardwired to modem. As the Corona virus got worse, I too noticed a slow down on my computer in loading and, especially, in downloading. My January computer was lightning fast compared to my old December computer. But, it is enough slower now that I can notice it. I too figured it was due to all my neighbors working from home, the school kids at home playing their computer games and interacting electronically with their friends.
            Last edited by Lion; 03-23-2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

No slowdown here.
              "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
              X