1099-misc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099-misc

My client have 4 1099-misc from different payers do i have to complete 4 schedule c?

If All the income was from similar jobs, then its all goes on 1 schedule C.

Chris

Comment

The 1099-MISC forms do not actually get filed along with the return (unless maybe there was withholding, not common). So when you enter them into your software, it will normally just add them up for you as part of "Gross receipts/sales". You need to be sure that all gross income goes in there, not just what was on Form 1099-MISC. You could even skip entering them into your software, again as long as total gross receipts are accurate.

As previously reply said, if there is one business, then just one Schedule C.
      "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Do they all have box 7 checked? If not list it under other income

Last edited by Dude; 03-19-2020, 12:59 PM.
        "Dude, you are correct" Rapid Robert

Comment

Thanks for the response.. The 1099 misc each one have amounts in box 7 for the same business name "mobile dental hygienist" they are just from different payer's name. And payer's tin.

Comment

That's because independent contractors have multiple clients. But, they report all of their self-employment income on one Schedule C for one business, whether or not they receive Forms 1099-MISC Box 7. If they have more than one sole proprietorship, they would have more than one Schedule C. (I have a client who's a dog walker and a nurse contractor, so she has two Schedules C. She has lots of clients for her dog walker business but almost no 1099s from individual dog owners, but she has a few different clients as a nurse with a 1099 from each hospital/medical facility.)

Comment

Working...
            X