employee comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

employee comp

Was wondering if any of the tax offices out there have hired tax preparers with their own book of clients and how they compensated them for preparing/filing those returns? Thanks and have a great tax season!

How about the reverse. When I first started I had a very small book of business and to supplement my income I worked part time for an older accountant who paid me an hourly rate plus a percentage of the profit from the returns that I did on my own from his book of business. The deal was that I could use his office resources to prepare returns for my client in return for a flat fee to cover overhead. I think it was $25 per week. I used my own EFIN and PTIN for my book of business.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Does anyone else have any suggestions for reimbursing an employee for preparing their own book of clients?

Comment

I'm confused why if you have your own clients and feel confident preparing returns, why would you want to run them through another company?

Comment

Why would you reimburse an employee for preparing returns for his own book of clients? If it's his book, doesn't he deal with his clients directly, including receiving payment? Wouldn't you be billing HIM if he's using your office resources to prepare returns for his own book of clients?

Comment

Working...
          X