Rental Accounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rental Accounting

Does anyone know of any software that could be used by a P/S with some 37 rental properties for accounting purposes. Would need a package that each property income and expenses could be tallied separate such as heading 123 James Rd and under that category would be listed income and each individual expense. So at the end of the year a Cash Flow and a P&L report could be printed out with year end totals. The only accounting software we have used is Quicken and Quick Books and I really do not want to suggest either to my client as Quicken is to cumbersome and if you don't know what you are doing on QB your records can get messed up fast. Thanks for any infor anyone has on this subject. I myself want no part in taking on their accounting as the records at this time are a royal mess.

If someone doesn't know what they are doing it can "get messed up fast" no matter what software they use. QB would handle what you are looking for by using the a separate class for each property.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
      If someone doesn't know what they are doing it can "get messed up fast" no matter what software they use. QB would handle what you are looking for by using the a separate class for each property.
      I agree. I have used QuickBooks for years (since at least 2000) and find it quite capable for this sort of accounting. It has a lot more going for it as far as reports, etc. than a spreadsheet, IMO.

Comment

Working...
      X