Problem with the Message Board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with the Message Board?

I thought I read something concerning this message board where posters had trouble logging in, etc. I looked for it in order to post this question, but couldn't find it in my listing of past postings. Anyway, is there a problem with this message board with logging in, etc? After having trouble a couple weeks ago with logging in, and then being able to, I tried to login a few days and couldn't. Now, after checking everyday I am still logged in. Any news on this? I was going to call, but luckily for me today it showed I am logged in.

I couldn't login to the message board on Saturday or Sunday but things seem back to normal today.

Comment

I couldn't log on for several days. E-mailed the TaxBook and received the following:

"Thanks for the email. Apparently we were having message board issue for the last week or so. I apologize for the trouble. We have taken steps to ensure this won't happen again and have written some more code to prevent it in the future. Hopefully this will be the last of it."
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

I thought it was a new requirement to Login first to view messages? But now you can view messages without logging in.
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I thought it was a new requirement to Login first to view messages? But now you can view messages without logging in.
          Have always been able to view messages w/o logging in. Have to login to post or view user profiles.

"Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

I thought I read something concerning this message board where posters had trouble logging in, etc.
            I believe the post in question was titled "Test" posted by Lion. An email notification regarding that thread indicates one of the last posts was made 9/29/19. The link in the email to the discussion (https://forum.thetaxbook.com/node/299298) pulls up a page that says "Invalid Page". The topic "Test" no longer shows up in the list and there are no topics dated 9/28 to 9/30. For some reason the topic was deleted.

"Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

Thanks for any responses to my inquiry. I guess I did not lose my mind. Glad to hear all is ok now. Just want to be able to utilize the message board.

Comment

I was able to get in and post when a colleague could not; therefore, my Test post. Then I received only 404 error messages. Then the avatar changed from the red X to a white V and when I tried to login, I received another page to login, which brought up another login page and so on and so on. I was out of town for a couple days. Tonight I am back here, signing in, reading, and now posting. Did TTB get hacked and move to a new platform?

Comment

TTB said they are transitioning to a single sign on platform as opposed to the three different ones they have now and it is taking longer than expected. I assume hiccups are endemic to the transition.
                  "Dude, you are correct" Rapid Robert

Comment

So I'm guessing TaxBook, not Lion, deleted his "Test".

Comment

Your guess sounds accurate to me.

Comment

Hello Everyone, we have had a few issues with the message board over the past few weeks but we have run all patches and feel like things should work fine for the foreseeable future. If you ever have issues feel free to call in or email info@thetaxbook.com and we will look into them immediately. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X