Softwares for CPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Softwares for CPA

I posted a few tax questions before, but thought I would get insight on some other topic. For those that have an accounting practice, what softwares do you use for your firm? Of course QuickBooks Online is one, but also saw Sage Intacct which seems more robust. Problem is, majority of businesses use quickbooks. I'm also considering doing payroll since it's become easier through wholesale or companies like Gusto. Thanks

QuickBooks Desktop is more robust than QB Online. And, you can do payroll via QB. If you do both tax prep and bookkeeping, check to see if your tax prep software has an accounting module. If most of your small businesses use QB, you want a software that can "read" QB or QB itself. You might end up with QB for your clients who use QB plus another bookkeeping software you like better for your clients for whom YOU do their bookkeeping and payroll and taxes. And, you might need a "connection" software to allow you to log in at a client's site &/or a Portal for them to upload their QB or other software file and for you to return it to them.. Demo several possible software packages to see which one works the way you do, and the way your clients work. Are your clients willing to change from QB or not? QB ProAdvisor status gives you all the QB software each year, as well as discounts on their payroll module (but it's pricey).

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
      QuickBooks Desktop is more robust than QB Online.
      That's a nice way to say it. I generally just say QBO sucks.

Comment

That's a nice way to say it. I generally just say QBO sucks.
        Even that's a nice way to say it.

"Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

Working...
        X