Puerto Rico filing requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puerto Rico filing requirements

Hello! I'm having a heck of a time finding anything on PR's Hacienda website for the criteria my client fits. My client's in her 80's, receives a pension from the U.S. and has interest earned within PR. She has no other income. I believe she still has to file a return in PR (though she did not have to for the IRS; she is below the minimum filing requirement), but I can't find the 2018 instructions in English so they are not jumbled up. I speak and read Spanish, but am not an expert on tax-related Spanish.

So, if anyone has a copy of the Form 482 (which is, I believe, the correct form for her to file) in both English and Spanish and the instructions in both languages so that I can prepare these to see if she meets the filing requirements, can you please either provide me a link to them or send them to me via email. You can PM me for my business email ID. I need all the help I can get, please, because I downloaded the forms in both languages from PR's Hacienda site and they have watermarks on them, preventing me from filing her returns on them. I don't mind efiling them through their site, but I need to be able to read everything in the instructions and compare the forms in both languages to know what has to be filled on on it. That's a ridiculously long 49 page form. What are they thinking having one tax form for every circumstance that long???

Anyway, as I said, I'm in dire need of help, so nothing is too little to help me.

Thank you!

Laura

Here is the page with links to the form and instructions in English.

However, if she is required to file, I don't think you are allowed to do it. A Paid Preparer needs to be licensed (see page 14 of the instructions).

http://www.hacienda.pr.gov/documento...ome-tax-return

Comment

Yep, you have to be a licensed Hacienda preparer. I've heard that HRB has many in FL.

Comment

Working...
      X