No announcement yet.

Odd telephone call today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not talking about culture. I'm talking about the huge difference in physical and mental development between a five-year-old and a seven-year-old. A kid two years older would feel like a freak trying to fit in with five-year-olds in any culture.

Comment

Armando

I am thinking like you are. She was born on a farm in Arkansas, with a mid-wife and lived there for sometime. Plus, it's my understanding from a conversation with her a few years ago that doctoring was always done by neighbors and home remedies, etc.

I knew the difference between my age and the ages of my friends and schoolmates, but that's me. She does have an older brother and I think if the parents wanted to keep the fact they were not married a secret, they would have done this with him, not her???

How would parents in this situation report a birth? Could it be a misunderstanding and if so, how would you correct it?

Dennis

Comment

Faking Age

From someone I met who faked her age to get married it takes awhile thru the system, and yes you will probly need a certified copy from the state/county

If you go that states website you can request a copy cheaper than the online services but also slower!

The 2 biggest causes I know of for not having the correct age are(both saying your older)
        was 1. To get into the War (both WW1, WW2, and Korean, VietNam!)
        (Very popular and the fake information overwrote the real stuff!)
        2. Marrage, expecially back years ago when being single with child was look DOWN on!

But the one lady I met took some Time (at least 6 to 8 months) getting it streightned out! before she got thru!!!!

Another Reason to lie the a child about there age is if you had her prior to 18 in days long ago, thus a fake age so when any/all math was done mom was 18 years old and with child instead of 16 years old (even as late as the 60's this was a major nono for minors) of course now days it seems where getting up to them having 2 kids by 18 <ouch>

Another reason I can think of would be if you where adopting someone that was older after they are 18 they can't be adopted, so if you could change the age it younger it would work!

About the only thing I can think of off the top of my head!

Comment

Armando

Maybe she was short and not terribly bright so being two years older made her even.

Comment

Working...
          X