Look up for an EIN Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look up for an EIN Number

I need to find an EIN number for Fidelity Investments as I'm working off a transcript from IRS and it only lists last 4 which are 8107. I'd like to E-file the return so was wondering if anyone knows how I can find an EIN for Fidelity. If not guess we will mail the return but thought I'd try to find the number

Have you or the client tried calling the specific company for the EIN?
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

A lot of items on the return do NOT require an EIN. Is it wages? Then call their human resources department. But, if it's interest or dividends or..., then you don't need it.

Comment

Wages - from Fidelity? I highly doubt it. If from a pension plan - YES, especially if there's Federal Withholding Tax to claim.
        Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Not wages, it's retirement 1099R and yes there was federal withholding

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
            I need to find an EIN number for Fidelity Investments as I'm working off a transcript from IRS and it only lists last 4 which are 8107. I'd like to E-file the return so was wondering if anyone knows how I can find an EIN for Fidelity. If not guess we will mail the return but thought I'd try to find the number
            Here is the number which last 4 digit ending 8107 for one of my clients 04-6568107 100 Magellan Way, Covington KY 41015
            Last edited by Gene V; 08-08-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

View and download available tax forms including; current information on your latest tax form and year to date activity updates. Delivering up to date information on the status of your taxes.

Comment

Long time back I made the mistake of using a EIN from the internet for a company to e-file and it was wrong and e-file was rejected. Now I will not e-file any document unless the EIN is provided by the company.
                Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
                  Long time back I made the mistake of using a EIN from the internet for a company to e-file and it was wrong and e-file was rejected. Now I will not e-file any document unless the EIN is provided by the company.
                  Such a simple question and at first thought the Original Post was meant to be comical.

Should contact the company that has the EIN for the correct answer for the client’s document.
                  Last edited by TAXNJ; 08-08-2019, 03:41 PM.
                  Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Thank you for your help Gene V. I do believe this is the correct number. I did ask the customer to call and he gave me this number as his own personal tax ID number. Some people just don't understand

Comment

Working...
                    X