Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TheTaxBook Weblibrary 2019 order - sales tax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheTaxBook Weblibrary 2019 order - sales tax?

Has anyone ordered next year's WebLibrary Plus 2019 subscription yet? [...]
    And finally, yes I know I can contact TTB customer support to inquire, but I wanted to find out if others have seen the same thing [...]

EDIT: I received a nice email from one of the senior folks at Tax Materials (TheTaxBook) clarifying that I was charged sales tax by mistake on the WebLibrary subscription (no physical product, online only). They understandably don't want further confusion on the matter, so I have removed part of my post that is no longer relevant with this new information. They do read this forum!
    Last edited by Rapid Robert; 05-07-2019, 03:10 PM.
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

I have already sent in my renewal, included the local applicable sales tax rate to the order, provided the sales tax code (per NYS Sales tax returns) for my local area, and TMI properly included it in my billing invoice.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

The TaxBook added 4.5% "sales tax" to my order from Hawaii. Hawaii has no sales tax. Hawaii has a General Excise Tax which is 4.5% of the total cost, so the tax rate should have been something like 4.712%. Then I get to pay a 4.5% "Use Tax" on my purchase from out of State. Grrrr.
      Christopher Mewhort, EA
      mewhorttax.com

Comment

FYI, see my first post here (edited). As it is the first year for many vendors charging out of state sales tax, a few bumps are to be expected, IMO.
        "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
        X