1041 Extension request error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1041 Extension request error

I screwed up and check ed NO, instead of YES in my software, when filing the 7004 for a trusts 1041 extension request. Regarding telling the IRS's computers to draft the financial institution's bank account the trustee gave me for their payment with their extension request.

I can't file another extension request electronically, my software company confirmed as I expected, that it would be rejected. The trust does not have an EFTPS account (this is the first year of the trust), and it is anticipated to close in 2019. I am aware of my choices as the following.

1. Snail mail in a check, with EIN of trust, the year of 2018 and the word "estimated" on the check. Mail it to address indicated on 7004 or 1041.
    2. Spend two weeks opening an EFTPS account. This is arduous because the trustee is not knowledgeable and lives in a different city.
    3. Just called priority support at IRS, he suggested going to the broker/bank and asking (paying) them to ACH or wire money to IRS.

do you have any other ideas, the trustee is very unsophisticated. I'm thinking #3 is the best idea, and I like it. Brokerage is a national company, will have done this a lot most likely.

This is my fault technically, but yet another example of being rushed on 04/15.

Treasur2

Does not sound like it is “the trustee is very unsophisticated” since the trustee provided the financial institution's bank account to you for their payment with their extension request.

Be upfront with the client and get the payment sent today.

Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
    X