Proseries quality and price increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proseries quality and price increase

I have been with Proseries all the way back to Chip Soft. This year has been the poorest quality of any software program I have ever used. Now they are having a 10% price increase.

Can't beat that! Have poor quality and raise prices 3 - 4 times the rate of inflation!

I just looked at my 2019 quote and it's actually $34 less than 2018. I get the 1040 Professional version unlimited w/ required fast track and do PPR for corp/partnership returns.

Comment

I use Lacerte and my 2019 quote is 5% higher than last year---Probably start looking at Drake for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
        I just looked at my 2019 quote and it's actually $34 less than 2018. I get the 1040 Professional version unlimited w/ required fast track and do PPR for corp/partnership returns.
        I also go on the Facebook page and the discounts are all over the place for the same package. One person was getting only $150 while another one was getting over $500. Why would they different amounts for the same package?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty2004 View Post

I also go on the Facebook page and the discounts are all over the place for the same package. One person was getting only $150 while another one was getting over $500. Why would they different amounts for the same package?
          Usually many companies offer larger discounts to “new” customers. Best way to get the correct answer is contact the vendor because answers here would be a guess.
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Go with Drake. If you push a little, they may give you the renewal price instead of the new customer price.

Excellent service always.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty2004 View Post

They have always offered large discounts to new customers which really ticks me off and I've expressed my displeasure to them many times. Currently they are showing new customer MSRP at 2478 and net at 1899 for 1040 complete. My quote has 2364 less 236 discount for a net of 2128.

I've looked at ATX and Drake in the past, but always determine that having to relearn everything is not worth the upfront savings.

Comment

A 11% discount is a far cry from large.

Discounts to new customers are nothing more than standard marketing practice. Switching software is a pain in the *** and once they're a customer, Drake will have them as a customer a long time. Drake's expansion of its customer base keeps your price lower.
                "Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

Originally posted by SHADE TREE TAX SERVICE View Post
                  Go with Drake. If you push a little, they may give you the renewal price instead of the new customer price.
                  How are these prices different? I see their new customer price is $1,195 through the end of May. That is the same offer I am getting. Are you getting something better?

I have never seen them budge on price, ever, even for a customer with over 20 years with them. I missed a deadline by a day and they would not do anything. As an aside, I have known for quite a few years that they don't want my business, but I am still with them.

Doug

Comment

My experience with ATX was that the salesperson had certain discretion to allow a discount to retain a loyal customer. I seem to recall getting a 3 year deal once with no price increase. But in general I like companies that are very transparent with their discount program and there is no behind the scene wheeling and dealing.
                    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
                      My experience with ATX was that the salesperson had certain discretion to allow a discount to retain a loyal customer. I seem to recall getting a 3 year deal once with no price increase. But in general I like companies that are very transparent with their discount program and there is no behind the scene wheeling and dealing.
                      I agree. Drake is fair and upfront with their pricing in my experience. That's why I am challenging the notion that they favor some customers over others (though I admit that I am likely their least favorite customer). Of course, I would love to tell them that the renewal offer that Anarchrist got is better than mine and find out why.
                      Doug

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
                        I've looked at ATX and Drake in the past, but always determine that having to relearn everything is not worth the upfront savings.
                        Which is why I have stuck with ATX all these years. I do like the software, and will downsize from MAX plan and do PPR for corp/estates/trusts for 2019. It probably would not have been so bad to change software for 2018, since we had to relearn everything anyway with the new forms and tax laws.

Comment

Working...
                        X