Who do you use for tax research?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who do you use for tax research?

I'm not satisfied with the research I have done regarding my military client who sold two homes in two years. I think there's a chance she can exclude the gains on the second home sold, but I can't find any definitive resources. The difference would be close to $10,000 whether she gets the exclusion or not, so it's definitely worth researching further.

I want to consult with a tax research service, but not sure who to use. I know NATP has a question/research service, are there any others that you guys use and recommend?

Thank you.

The Tax Book - right here - has an online service - where if you purchase the Deluxe Edition for a discount you get the Online Web Library. I've used it quite often over the years. The Web Library provides updates as they happen throughout the year.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sam View Post
      The Tax Book - right here - has an online service - where if you purchase the Deluxe Edition for a discount you get the Online Web Library. I've used it quite often over the years. The Web Library provides updates as they happen throughout the year.
      I have The Web Library and have researched this question for hours now. I want to hire a service to research it and provide a written opinion/recommendation. I know NATP offers such a service, just wondering if there are others that you guys use. Thanks again.

Comment

While I don't use it - I know that NSA has it as a member service - I believe you're entitled up to 5 questions per year.
        Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

In addition to ones mentioned, National Association of Enrolled Agents, AICPA and consultation with local Tax Attorneys.
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Thank you both!

Comment

Working...
            X