Tax Extender Items ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Extender Items ?

My software issued a bulletin about a congressional meeting of earlier this month regarding tax extenders.
    Form 5695 was among those on the list of items. I know most of these residential energy credits had expired after 2017.
    In view of this extender meeting, were any of the residential energy credits (i.e. for a gas furnace) extended, retro to 2018 ?

I agree and have wondered the same thing. Not a word since a few weeks ago and nothing comes up when I research it. I have a client with a $7500 Tesla car credit but that supposedly expired in 2017, no 2018 forms that I can find that support it.

Comment

Originally posted by RWG1950 View Post
      My software issued a bulletin about a congressional meeting of earlier this month regarding tax extenders.
      Form 5695 was among those on the list of items. I know most of these residential energy credits had expired after 2017.
      In view of this extender meeting, were any of the residential energy credits (i.e. for a gas furnace) extended, retro to 2018 ?
      Gone for now! If they retroactively approve it they should allow a 1040X or a claim in 2019 for 2018 expense.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho Tax Lady View Post
        I agree and have wondered the same thing. Not a word since a few weeks ago and nothing comes up when I research it. I have a client with a $7500 Tesla car credit but that supposedly expired in 2017, no 2018 forms that I can find that support it.
        Form 8936. This hasn't expired. It's been reduced for post Jan 1, 2019 purchases, but it hasn't expired.

Comment

Working...
        X