Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of intercompany transactions needs to be eliminated at the end of year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of intercompany transactions needs to be eliminated at the end of year?

investment?

due to/due from?

notes payable and notes receivable?

what else?

I'm not sure what you mean, needs to be eliminated. If you are talking balance sheet items, they stay there until the account is zeroed out, and possibly for a year or two after, just to make it clear they are zeroed out.

Comment

Some other Items..

Intercompany sales, reimbursements, and expenses.

Doug

Comment

When we consolidate the subsidiary, we need eliminate all of the intercompany transactions, such as investment, due from and payable.

Yes, sales need to.

Comment

Accounting

Maria, this appears to be an accounting-related question, with minimal tax consequences so long as all the subsidiaries are U.S. and you're filing a consolidated tax return.

The only snafu I can think of is on state taxes if the subsidiaries are in different states. Obviously by altering the transfer price you can increase your profits in a low-tax state like Louisiana and decrease your profits in a high-tax state like New York. I don't know whether the states have ganged up on this practice and created a sort of "transfer price convention" to prevent this or not.

Many of the states no longer isolate profit, but take the entire corporate profit and allocate it based on a "three-factor formula" or "four-factor formula." This makes transfer pricing a moot point.

Comment

Working...
          X