ATX Software Printing Preference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATX Software Printing Preference

Is there anyway to print the 1040 on one page from ATX software?

I wish. Not aware of any option to do so. Does any other software allow it? Seems reasonable as both would fit on one page.
    Last edited by Burke; 03-21-2019, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Drake prints both parts of the "postcard" on one page. The print is really, really, really small. It's difficult to read ...... well, the whole 1040 is difficult to read this year.

Comment

Or for any average person to understand, at least on Page 2. Especially Lines 4a and 4b, if you have QCD's.
        Last edited by Burke; 03-21-2019, 05:43 PM.

Comment

The entire design and layout of 1040 form is a joke IMHO! I must get one or two calls each week from clients trying to understand where the figures on the 1040 came from because they are looking at a 2017 form to compare and are not used to looking at schedules. I hope there is a Congressional review of this stupidity!
          Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

The UNofficial site for ATX users: https://www.atxcommunity.com/index.php

Comment

Over the 35 years I've been doing taxes, form 1040 changed somewhat from year to year - but stayed remarkably similar.
              When keying in data on a form's worksheet, you could picture in your mind where it was going to end up on the old 1040.
              Can't seem do that anymore.

Comment

I was going to say we all need to contact Nina Olson, Taxpayer Advocate with our concerns. But I just saw she is retiring from the IRS position after 18 years in July. I am sure there will be somebody to replace her, however. It is ridiculous. Congress had its head elsewhere when they came up with this!!! Or was it someone else's brilliant idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Maribeth View Post
                  Drake prints both parts of the "postcard" on one page. The print is really, really, really small. It's difficult to read ...... well, the whole 1040 is difficult to read this year.
                  The size of the print depends on your settings and monitor size. I have no problem viewing any tax forms in Drake and displaying the same to my client on a second 24 inch monitor!
                  Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Many of the additional schedules could be printed on one page, IMO, as well as Page 1 & 2 of the 1040. I keep a paper copy for myself, and do this on the copier.

Comment

Working...
                    X