Suggestion for TTB re auto trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for TTB re auto trade

Bees mentioned that the example in the book is concerned with depreciable basis. That adjusted basis for issues of sales is a different matter. My concern is preparing Form 8829 for the trade in of a car. I think I now see that using the info on 10-9 and 10-10 helps with depreciable basis but not necessarily Form 8829. I think we need a comprehensive example showing both.

Years ago at a seminar, I had an instructor say that you use your worksheet to figure out the real numbers, as we understand the rules. Then you back into the 8824 using your correct numbers to make the 8824 fit. You will drive yourself crazy trying to tie in the 8824 with the real numbers, as nobody in their right mind can understand how that form works. So obviously that means the 8824 is going to have some plugs to make it jive with your worksheet.

I agree, it might be fun to compare the worksheet on page 10-2 with how it would look on the 8824.
    Last edited by Bees Knees; 09-03-2006, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Form 8824

Yes Bees, it would be interesting to compare the worksheet with the 8824 for the TB example. , as this is what you and I are doing on the other post. And yes it is driving one crazy trying to figure out how to arrive at the numbers for 8824

I have the CFS Tax Tools LKE worksheet, Bees, do you have another one that you could share? One particularly that would work for the auto trades.

Sandy
      Last edited by S T; 09-04-2006, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S T
        Yes Bees, it would be interesting to compare the worksheet with the 8824 for the TB example. , as this is what you and I are doing on the other post. And yes it is driving one crazy trying to figure out how to arrive at the numbers for 8824

I have the CFS Tax Tools LKE worksheet, Bees, do you have another one that you could share? One particularly that would work for the auto trades.

Sandy
        Did you look at the Auto trade in Tax Tools worksheets?

Comment

Cfs

Yes CFS has several auto worksheets for auto trades or sales. One of them is almost identical to the worksheet TB on page 10-2.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
          X