Proseries 8962

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proseries 8962

Anyone else having issues with 8962 not computing? Line 24 is 1400 line 25 is 2928, but it's not putting the repayment on line 27.

Go to the information worksheet and scroll down to "dependent of someone else". Choose no and all will flow.

Comment

Good grief! Took support 1/2 hour to tell what TT did. Now, it's now pulling the incorrect amount to Sch 1 line 29. Net SE income is 4,422 and it's pulling in 1800., He paid significantly more than the 4,422. Can you answer it before support does?

Comment

This is absolutely insane. They don’t have a clue why line 29 is not correct, and I don’t think she understood how it is calculated.

Here’s the situation: MFJ, have W’2 and both have small Sch C businesses. Her net profit is 5495 less ½ SE of 388 leaves 5107. I direct entered SEHI amount on her C 5,103 which is Medicare, supplement, etc.

His Sch net profit is 4758 less ½ SE of 336 leaves 4422. He paid 5,765 for ACA plan and has a repayment amount of 1,522. Should not the amount of line 29 for him be 4422? Pro is calculating it to be 1824. I have the 1095A linked to his business.

Moral of story is if you have a Sch C with a 1095A check the math and don’t rely on software.

Comment

If you dont link the 1095a to schedule c ? She has medicare ? Is the 1095a for both ? Yes I know, support sucks. They have several local tax rates wrong and I have been trying to get them to correct them. They should have a global option to change "generic" tax rates (IMHO).

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Turbo Z View Post
            If you dont link the 1095a to schedule c ? She has medicare ? Is the 1095a for both ? Yes I know, support sucks. They have several local tax rates wrong and I have been trying to get them to correct them. They should have a global option to change "generic" tax rates (IMHO).
            Yep, I'm just going to unlink it and put the 4,422 direct on C worksheet. Really pisses me off to pay for premium software and it does stuff like this and they have no reason why. Pisses me off further that I spent close to 2 hours on it. Heck with it, I'm going to have wine and chocolate for dinner!

Comment

I will be right over !!! Yes I agree, but considering all the **** code changes, it could have been worse.

Comment

Just had one similar, self employed couple (two C's) and 1095A. But their income was lower this year, so they have a tax credit coming. Linked 1095a to C and it figured correctly. Must be a part III issue.

Comment

Ok, I sheepishly need to admit the incorrect calculation was operator error. When I linked the 1095A I entered numbers for months rather than using drop box. Entering 1 produced a result of October rather than January.

However, if the SEHI is coming from the 1095A rather than direct entry on C worksheet, it is not using the amount to reduce the QBI income. Something people will want to be aware of.

Comment

Working...
                  X